Production starts at Colombia’s Mariposa

An electric drilling rig

The Oil and Gas Year (TOGY)

BOGOTA, November 21, 2017 – Amerisur Resources and partner ONGC Videsh have started test-flowing the Mariposa discovery in the CPO-5 block in Colombia, the South America-focused E&P company announced on Tuesday.

“The commencement of production, albeit at a conservative initial controlled rate, at CPO-5 is an important milestone for Amerisur diversifying our production base from one to two oil fields and is in line with our stated strategy to increase production across our high quality portfolio of assets,” Amerisur CEO John Wardle said in a statement.

ONGC Videsh holds a 70% operated interest in the CPO-5 licence in the Llanos Basin while Amerisur holds the remaining 30%.